Short while? So many people at dinner or simply your friend or boyfriend who arrived at the last moment?Obviously the easiest choice would be something ready to buy at the supermarket or call foodora, but if you have come up here means that you want to do something more genuine or at least that you did it!
Well, then the chicory pesto is ideal for you. Fast, tasty and unusual!
INGREDIENTS for 2 people
- spaghetti (better if integrals, in my opinion give a little more to some recipes and are even better)
- 1 stalk of chicory Catalan (at the supermarket it is difficult to find the wild one, but try it anyway)
- EVO oil q.b
- garlic 1
- salt and black pepper q.b
Essential for the success of the recipe is to have a blender or a minipimer
- wash and clean the chicory. As? I recommend a container with cold water and bicarbonate, soak the chicory cut into pieces not too small and let it soak for ten minutes.
- put the water to boil in the pot
- take a pan and fry a little garlic (also whole) with three tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil (I usually add two peppers)
- chicory drains. Rinse it under running water and immerse it in the pot with the water coming to a boil.
- wait about ten minutes (even less, but it depends on how big is the bunch of chicory), meanwhile check facebook or set or untap a bottle of white wine
- with the help of a colander take the cooked chicory and put it back in the pan (the one where you have fried garlic with black pepper)
- put it back in the pan for about 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- throw the spaghetti in the water (the grams depend on how much hunger you have or if you are on a diet)
- take the chicory previously sautéed in the pan and with the minipimer frullala, adjusting the salt inside a container
- drain the pasta and put it in the pan where the chicory oil is left
- add the chicory pesto and mix well
- uses some pieces of chicory as a final garnish
if you’re not a vegetarian, you can add some bacon cubes passed over in a small pan without oil
“remember to wash dishes or load the dishwasher”
Enjoy your pasta!