Spaghetti with chicken stew
During the summer we are always looking for something good and quick to prepare.
Obviously, as in all recipes, you will need to buy the ingredients, unless for a casual and fortuitous coincidence (I doubt it) you do not already have them in your pantry in the kitchen.
INGREDIENTS for 2 people:
- 600 grams of chicken legs
- 10 medium-sized potatoes
- 6 zucchini
- 3 peppers
- 1 onion
- extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste.
- black pepper q.b.
- a pinch of ginger
- 100 grams of Parmesan cheese
- Take a large pan and put 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Coarsely chopped a garlic head
- Coarsely chopped a golden onion
- Add the garlic and the onion and lightly fry
- Add some black pepper, chopped parsley and some rosemary
- The flame must be medium
- At this point, wash and dry the chicken legs
- Put them to brown in a pan and cover with a lid for about 5 minutes
- Turn the chicken legs to brown them on all sides
- Meanwhile, dice the courgettes and peppers (after you have washed and cleaned them)
- Peel the potatoes and cut them in half (depending on the size of the potatoes, if they are large then cut them into 4)
- When the chicken legs are browned, add the potatoes and blend with a little white wine
- Season the potatoes and chicken, add a sprinkling of salt and cover with a lid
- Lower the heat and cook for about 20 minutes
- After 20 minutes? Then add a small saucepan of hot water and cook for another 20 minutes
- At this point, lift the lid and add the peppers and zucchini
- Sprinkle with a little ginger powder and some more black pepper
- Cook for about half an hour on medium / low heat
- Check the cooking level of the potatoes and zucchini. When they are soft, you can raise the heat and cook for about 5 minutes.
- At this point you can serve the chicken thighs leaving at least two aside.
- Finely chop the meat of the two chicken legs and put them back in the pan, stirring everything.
- Cook the spaghetti, drain and add to the sauce of the pan.
- Mix with the low flame and add the Parmesan.
- Serve and eat!
The wine that I recommend as a pairing (unless you have liver problems or are teetotalers) is a Cirò DOC classico
“And you? Send us your recipe“
Enjoy your meal!