Savory Pie with caulinflower and bacon
Here we are again. This is a super fast recipe with a simple and full-bodied taste. Excellent if you have at dinner the usual scrounger or if you are alone or for a n apetizer at home.
Of course, as in all recipes, you will have to buy the ingredients, unless you have them already in your kitchen pantry for a random and coincidental coincidence.
- 1 medium-sized cauliflower
- 200 gr. of smoked bacon
- 200 gr. of parmigiano reggiano
- 250 gr. of scamorza
- 1 mozzarella of 100 gr.
- 1 roll of puff pastry
- Pimenton de la vera (or in the absence of it, the paprika is fine too)
- 1 knob of butter
- Salt to taste
- black pepper q.b.
- irst boil a pot with salt water to cook the cauliflower previously washed and cut
- in a small wok pan (or simply a non-stick pan) heat the pancetta with a pinch of black pepper and rosemary.
- when the cauliflower is cooked, drain and let it cool for about twenty minutes.
- remove the bacon from the pan as soon as it is well browned (not burned!). In the meantime, waiting for the cauliflower to cool, I suggest you to taste a good glass of wine. Unless you have liver problems or be teetotal, the wine that I recommend to combine is a Oltrepò Pavese Chardonnay DOC
- at this point, if you have finished sipping the wine, you can take a bowl (like a salad bowl) and put the cauliflower.
- add the salt q.b and add the pancetta
- add a small knob of butter and a sprinkling of rosemary
- mix well (do not worry if the cauliflower is broken).
- add at this point the scamorza cut into slices or cubes
- add the Parmigiano Reggiano (leaving aside a little to cover at the end) and stir
- at this point take the puff pastry and place it on the pan.
- pour the mixture helping you with a scoop or a spoon, you do.
- at this point sprinkle with the remaining part of the Parmesan
- cover with slices of mozzarella
- add a dusting of Pimenton de la Vera [/ su_tooltip], alternatively you can use paprika.
- heat the oven to 180 °
- Bake the pan and cook for about 30 minutes.
- let it cool a little before cutting it.
- Eat and be happy.
The wine that I recommend as a pairing is a GIOIA DEL COLLE DOC. Obviously you should not have liver problems or to be an abstainer.
“Send us your personal recipe“
Enjoy your meal!