Mustard and beer liver
Sometimes we think that the easiest thing to do and quick is the classic slice of roasted meat. Well, this is true, but if you want to dedicate some of your time not to eat the classic slice but a succulent veal liver, this is the recipe for you!
Of course, as in all recipes, you will need to buy the ingredients, unless for a casual and fortuitous coincidence, (which I do not believe in this case) you do not already have them in your pantry in the kitchen.
INGREDIENTS for 4 people:
- 700 gr of veal liver
- 6 tropea or golden onions
- 400 gr of frozen fine peas
- 6 tablespoons of mustard djion
- beer q.b (1 small bottle)
- 2 glasses of red wine
- extra virgin olive oil
- Hot pepper q.b
- Salt to taste
- Take the liver slices and cut them into strips that are not too thin.
- Slice the onions finely and let them dry in a pan with two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and a sprinkling of red pepper.
- Add a large glass of beer, 3 tablespoons of mustard djion and continue cooking over low heat until the beer evaporates, stirring occasionally.
- in the meantime boil the water in a saucepan and, once it has boiled, pour the peas and cook for 10 minutes and add a tablespoon of salt.
- Cooked peas? Add them to the onion, a glass of wine and continue cooking for about fifteen minutes.
- At this point add the strips of liver, another glass of wine, the remaining 3 tablespoons of mustard djion and cook for another ten minutes raising the flame a little (stir occasionally).
- A few minutes before extinguishing the regular salt and serve by adding a little olive oil directly to the plates.
The wine that I recommend as a pairing is a Trentino Traminer Aromatico DOC . Obviously you should not have liver problems or to be an abstainer.
For this recipe we woulk like to thanks the anonymous #Bestfriend that sent us her personal recipe. Let us KNow what do you think about it!
“Send us your personal recipe“
Enjoy your meal!